It's easy to enable migrations using Alectrona Migrator for your Macs using Jamf Pro.
- First, obtain the latest Alectrona Migrator package (.pkg) and create a package in your Jamf Pro server.
- Next, create a script in your Jamf Pro server with the run-migrator-from-jamf-pro.sh (opens new window) file and the following options:
- Parameter 4:
Alectrona Migrator License
- Parameter 5:
Title Used in Dialogs
- Parameter 6:
Alternative Logo URL
- Create a Jamf Pro policy and configure the policy to install the Alectrona Migrator package created in Step 1.
- Additionally, configure the policy to execute the run-migrator-from-jamf-pro.sh (opens new window) script created in Step 2 using the following as parameters:
- Alectrona Migrator License: Your license key
- Title Used in Dialogs: The title that you would like to appear in the dialogs displayed during the migration process (default is
- Alternative Logo URL: A URL of an image file you'd like to display in some of the dialogs (like a company logo)
The policy you create should have Self Service enabled with a detailed description to ensure end-users are aware of what the policy does. This policy should be scoped to the new Mac.
# Alternate Setup Using a Configuration Profile
You may also use a Configuration Profile to configure the License, Title, and Alternative Logo. If you choose to do this you can leave the script parameters blank in Step 4 above.
|License||Your valid license key provided upon subscription to Alectrona Migrator.||String||<key>License</key>|
|Title||The title that you would like to appear in the dialogs displayed during the migration process.||String||<key>Title</key>|
|LogoURL||A URL of an image file you'd like to display in some of the dialogs.||String||<key>LogoURL</key>|
Try our custom JSON Schema!
You can also easily create a Configuration Profile in Jamf Pro for Alectrona Migrator using custom JSON Schema obtained below.